Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Trim Your Tummy

Trim Your Tummy - Out of the Mouth of a Celebrity Mom

It's always good to check the "grass on the other side" of the fence with the Celebrity Moms and see how "green" it is for them to trim their tummmies. The following is a relevant expert of a July 1, 2008 article By Laurie Sandell for GLAMOUR magazine for you to see that it takes hard work to trim your tummy:

The last time I interviewed Christina Aguilera for Glamour, it was in October 2006 and she was gearing up for her Back to Basics world tour. After I watched her grueling rehearsal, we sat down in her dressing room for a late-night chat. At the time, she was a confessed workaholic with a penchant for severe red lips, towering stilettos and perfectly manicured nails. She rarely met my eyes during the interview--a technique, she told me at the time, that helped her gather her thoughts--and while she was articulate, she seemed to choose her words very carefully. Almost two years later, I meet a very different Christina: The first thing I notice is that she looks me directly in the eyes--a nice improvement. She's relaxed and eager to talk about life with her six-month-old son, Max, and her husband of nearly three years, music exec Jordan Bratman. Her appearance is softer too. She wears her hair in a tousled ponytail and apologizes for her unmanicured nails. But as we talk about her career, it's clear that Aguilera's focus is as razor-sharp as ever: She's been working out 90 minutes a day to get back to her prebaby body, not to mention launching a new perfume called Inspire, promoting a jewelry line with designer Stephen Webster and working on an album that's set for release later this year. (Oh, and the woman's still a night owl: We meet at 10 P.M. at a West Hollywood lounge because she wanted to spend a full day with baby Max.) What else is new in this 27-year-old's life? Read on!

GLAMOUR: You're obviously back into fighting shape, so let's discuss this workout of yours: boxing, running backward on a treadmill while going uphill, crunches, weights, pull-ups--it sounds brutal.

CHRISTINA AGUILERA: [Laughs.] I hate working out--I have to mentally push myself through it. I can get very whiny, saying things like, "I can't do it!"

GLAMOUR: Does your trainer crack the whip when you get like that?

CA: No--I can't deal with having someone barking at me. Mean training is not motivating to me at all; I like to be comforted [through my workout]. All my trainer has to do is say nicely, "I want you to do 200 bicycles; go right through it and don't stop." Then I'll know she's serious and I'll do it. I started out not being able to do man push-ups; pull-ups were a big one too. Now I can do five in a row.

GLAMOUR: You look great, Christina. How quickly did you notice a change in your body?

CA: Being the perfectionist that I am, my attitude was, this had better hurry up--I want results! My trainer kept saying, "Give it time, you're looking great." Everyone around me was saying they could see a difference, but, you know, you're hardest on yourself. I did see my stomach get flatter and tighter and more muscle definition.

GLAMOUR: What did you like the least about your post baby body and what did you like the most?

CA: Well, I was OK with the booty and the boobs! [Laughs.] My stomach was really where I carried my weight. Toward the end of my pregnancy, I felt really big--I gained about 40 pounds, which is a lot for my size. My hips also changed significantly. And my feet grew from a size 5 to a size 7 in flats--thank God they [went back to normal]. I would have been so depressed if I had to get rid of my shoe collection!

Trim your Tummy

No comments: